TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Detailed description of goods and/or services
1.1 The Education Scene (Pty) Ltd is a business in the education industry that provides consulting services.
2. Delivery policy
2.1 Subject to availability and receipt of payment, requests will be processed within seven (7) days and delivery confirmed by way email.
2.2 All services offered are provided in an electronic format where information is accessed on our website or sent to customers by email. No goods are delivered in hard copy format and hence no deliveries are sent to customers.
3. Service delivery
3.1 Our education consulting services are available to South African and international clients.
4. Return and Refunds policy
4.1 The provision of goods and services by The Education Scene is subject to availability. In cases of unavailability, The Education Scene will refund the client in full within 30 days.
4.2 Cancellation of orders by the client will attract a 10 % administration fee.
4.3 Any PDF documents purchased and downloaded will not be considered for refunds.
5.1 The Education Scene shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users.
5.2 For the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from: http://www.lawsofsouthafrica.up.ac.za/index.php/current-legislation.
6. Payment options accepted
6.1 Payment may be made via Visa and MasterCard.
7. Card acquiring and security
7.1 Card transactions will be acquired for The Education Scene via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for all South African Acquiring Banks.
7.2 PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no Card details are stored on the website. Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
8. Customer details separate from card details
8.1 Customer details will be stored by The Education Scene separately from card details which are entered by the client on PayGate’s secure site.
8.2 For more detail on PayGate refer to www.paygate.co.za.
9. Merchant Outlet country and transaction currency
9.1 The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa.
9.2 Transaction currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
10.1 The Education Scene takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this website, customer service and support, dispute resolution and delivery of goods.
11. Country of domicile
11.1 This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and The Education Scene chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature is Roodepoort, Gauteng, South Africa.
12.1 The Education Scene may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
13. Company information
13.1 This website is run by The Education Scene (Pty) Ltd (a private company) based in South Africa trading as The Education Scene and with registration number 2014/268804/07 and Ms L Ingram and Ms T Thirion (Director(s)).
14. The Education Scene contact details
14.1 Company Physical Address: 11 Gail street, Helderkruin, Roodepoort, 1724, Gauteng, South Africa
14.2 Email: email@example.com
14.3 Telephone: +27(0)82 901 1433
You have landed on the website of The Education Scene (Pty) Ltd and are subject to the Terms and Conditions stated herein, whether using our website or any part thereof, including but not limited to the online ordering facility. The Terms and Conditions should be seen as an agreement or contract you are entering into and agree to when interacting with us. Please read the terms and conditions carefully:
- “Agreement” refers to this document and any document we may refer to as an Annexure included herein.
- “Website” refers to the URL, namely theeducationscene.com and any page connected thereto.
- “Content” refers to any wording, graphics, images, photos, drawings, presentations, files, PDF documents, designs, icons, charts and maps or similar.
- “Company” refers to The Education Scene (Pty) Ltd, with company registration no. 2014/268804/07, also referred to as “TES” in this Agreement and owns the website theducationscene.com and contents thereof.
- “User” refers to the person who is using the Company’s Website.
- “Intellectual Property” refers to creations of the mind, inventions, literary and artistic works, symbols, names and images used, trademarks, patents, confidential information, domain names, meta tags, computer programmes, applications and software and also including but not limited to Content listed in Clause 3 above.
CONTACT DETAILS: THE EDUCATION SCENE (PTY) LTD
- CEO – Linda Ingram (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Executive Director – Nadia Jordaan (email@example.com)
- Non-Executive Director – Tamsyn-Lee Thirion
- For general queries: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The Website has been developed so that information can be accessed by the user and for his / her own personal and non-commercial use.
- The User may not reproduce, duplicate or re-sell or provide content to a third party without the prior written consent from the Company.
- The User may under no circumstances use any method to extract information, listings, data whether doing so in person or devising technological methods to do so.
- The User may not use or publish Content from the site that may be offensive or contravene the constitutional rights of any individual.
- The User may not upload any virus, programme, application or code that may change or damage its content in any way.
- The Company has the right to refuse access or the ability to purchase content by users.
- Products and services that are advertised for sale on this Website are intended for individuals 18 years or older.
- Products are offered at purchase prices that are displayed and as soon as a successful transaction is made and the payment process confirmed, the user is given access to the product purchased.
- Products and courses purchased on the Website will have a specified time period available for use. This information is displayed prior to purchase. Access to the products or courses will expire at the end of that period without notice or explanation.
- The Company may provide links to third party products and services and as such cannot guarantee that the websites or links may be operational 100% of the time.
- The Company makes no guarantee of third-party products regarding the quality, accuracy, nor can it guarantee that the third-parties have complied with intellectual rights or copyrights of another person or company.
- The User should be aware that by using third-party supplier websites that these organisations may have their own Terms and Conditions.
- PDF documents that are downloaded upon payment, may be used by the purchaser only and may not be given to any other person for use.
PLAGIARISM AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- Recognition to the Company must be given when copying or replicating data and using it and publishing it elsewhere.
- The PDF documents that are made available for sale on this Website is owned by a third party supplier.
- The Company logos or any branded item, may not be used in any way without prior written approval by the Company. To obtain permission, email email@example.com.
PAYMENTS FOR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
- There are products and services for sale listed on the Website that includes a description and price. Products can be purchased using the shopping cart and payments made through the payment gateway, PayFast. Please note that:
- Once the payment has been made, access to the product will be given to the User.
- No refunds will be considered after any PDF document that is downloaded by the User, or where access has been given to a product or programme.
- Services and some courses advertised on the Website requires interaction with the Company before payments can be calculated and at times a screening process may be necessary.
- Where courses and services are offered, a quotation will be provided once details have been obtained from the User.
ENTRANCE REQUIREMENT FOR COURSES
- The Company adheres to any regulation prescribed by the academic institution that owns the course and will ensure that pre-requisites are met before registration of courses can be processed.
- The Company may provide planned course dates, times and venues but it should be noted that the Company reserves the right to make changes as and when needed.
- It should be noted that the Company provides sales and marketing services for the academic institutions and does is not an accredited institution.
- The Company will not be held liable for any damage caused in a direct or indirect manner whether it be expenses or losses whatsoever.
COMPLAINTS OR COMPLIMENTS
- The terms and conditions of this Agreement are governed by the laws in South Africa and as such, the User agrees that the South Gauteng High Court will have jurisdiction on any matter or dispute that may arise from this Agreement.